Add to Calendar
Huron River Valley Annual Walleye Tournament
Sunday, June 10th, 2018
Sunrise – 3:00 PM
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Only walleye caught in Lake Erie or its tributaries on the day of the tournament can be entered.
- Shore and/or boat fishing is permitted.
- All Ohio Department of Natural Resources and Watercraft rules apply.
- Each participant must have a valid Ohio Fishing License.
- The tournament sponsors (Huron River Valley Resort) are not responsible for the conduct, personal injury, damages or negligence on the part of any participant. Participants enter this tournament at their own risk.
- If there is a small craft advisory posted in Huron, the tournament will be canceled.
- All boats and live-wells are subject to search prior to leaving the dock.
- Judging will be based on the total length of up to five walleyes per team.
- It is the responsibility of the contestant to keep walleye fresh and in good condition. Ice is advised. Warm fish will not be eligible.
- Fish may not be transferred between boats.
- Contestants suspected of violating contest rules, including the substitution of walleye prior to the tournament, suspected tampered walleye or intermingling walleye with other contestants will be disqualified. Judges have the final determination and authority. All fish will remain with the contestant after weighing.
- Up to 4 persons per team max. 1 team per boat.
- Each team member must be present for sign in.
- Fishing begins at sunrise and ends at 1:30 PM.
- Entry fee of $25 per team – cash only. Checks and credit cards will not be accepted.
- 100% payout to winning team.
- Weigh in will be held at 3:00 PM at Huron River Valley Resort Marina (9019 River Road, Huron, OH44839).
- Any late arrivals will have their total fish length reduced by 10%.
- In the case of a tie, the team with the longest individual fish will win. If the tiebreaker does not determine the winner, the price will be split.
- The tournament committee reserves the right to add rules and/or regulations to cover circumstances not covered in the above rules. Committee’s decision is final. “Good Sportsmanship Rule Shall Prevail.”
Please download and complete the Rules & Waiver form.